Do you have an idea that will make Jewish life better, more interesting, and more fun?
We’re partnering with Natan to support cultural, spiritual, educational, service, and community-building projects run by you for your friends and peers. The best part: We’re awarding grants of up to $10,000 to help you turn your idea into an organization, club, or annual event.
Interested in applying? Here’s what we’re looking for:
1. Be creative! What’s missing in your community? We fund projects that present something new in their content, nature, or approach. The more innovative you are, the more likely you are to receive funding.
2. Be young! You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident between the ages of 18-30 to apply.
3. Be Jewish! Your project must have some Jewish educational, cultural, or spiritual content in order to be considered.
4. Be independent! Although we encourage partnering with other organizations, funding will not be allocated for projects that are substantially produced, executed, or otherwise funded by a well-established organization (like Hillel or a Jewish federation).
5. Be local! The funds from this grant cannot be spent on travel for you, your organizing team, or your participants.
What kinds of projects receive Natan/NEXT Grants for Social Entrepreneurs? A Jewish theater group, a kickball league for young Jewish professionals, a Jewish music festival, and a build-your-own Passover haggadah website, just to name a few. Learn more about our past grantees.
1. Please read through all of our grant guidelines and rules before applying.
2. Learn more about the Natan/NEXT Grants for Social Entrepreneurs during our upcoming webinars. We’ll discuss application specifics and helpful tips. The webinars will take place on February 20, 2014 at 3 PM EST and February 27, 2014 at 12:00 PM EST. To receive call-in information, please RSVP to email@example.com with the date of the webinar you plan to attend.
3. Applications for Natan/NEXT Grants should be submitted no later than end-of-day on March 7, 2014.
4. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by filling out this document and emailing it to email@example.com by end-of-day March 7, 2014.
If you have any questions about Natan/NEXT Grants for Social Entrepreneurs, ask us on Facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natan inspires young philanthropists to become actively engaged in Jewish giving by funding innovative projects that are shaping the Jewish future.